Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
Course: Beef, Main Dish, Slow Cooker
Keyword: beef tips and gravy slow cooker
Servings: 4 people
Slow cooker beef tips and gravy are tender melt-in-your-mouth beef. Tender beef tips smothered in a smooth, herbed mushroom gravy with tasty mushrooms is a midweek luxury.
- 2 pounds stew meat or chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- Chunk meat into 1 inch cubes, pat dry with paper towels, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic granules.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, and add beef to skillet, browning it on all sides. Try not to stir too much so you can get a nice sear and a good crust.
- Transfer beef to a 6-QT crock pot. Leave any juices in skillet for gravy.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, to the juices in skillet, and add in your onions, minced garlic and mushrooms. Quick saute for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms start to release their juices, then add mushrooms, garlic, and onions to slow cooker. Leave any juices in pan.
- Return pan to medium high heat and add an additional 1 Tbs of butter to the pan juices (2 if you accidentally poured the juices into your slow cooker). Let butter melt.
- While still over heat, whisk flour into the butter, until a thick paste has formed. Then add the beef broth, dry red wine, worcestershire, red wine vinegar, tomato paste and herbs stirring it all together.
Fòr full recìpes vìsìt: @Beef Tips and Gravy Slow Cooker