|Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore|
Prep Time: 15 minsSlow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore is an easy crock pot meal loaded with tender chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, kale, carrots and sliced mushrooms. Comforting and delicious!
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: chicken cacciatore in crock pot, chicken cacciatore instant pot, chicken cacciatore recipe, chicken cacciatore slow cooker, crock pot Italian recipe, easy Italian dinners, easy slow cooker chicken recipe, slow cooker Italian food
Calories: 254 kcal
Bròccòli cheese sòup is my ultimate còmfòrt fòòd. When it's còld and snòwy òutside, nòthing hits the spòt like a warm creamy hòmemade sòup in the cròckpòt.
- 2 teaspoons corn starch plus 3 teaspoons water whisked together in a small bowl (to thicken up sauce - leave out for lower carb or if you want a thinner sauce consistency)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley plus more for serving
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 Kalamata olives
- ½ cup chopped kale stems removed
- 6 skinless chicken thighs I used bone-in
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ medium white onion chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to slow cooker. Alternatively, if pressed for time, skip browning and add chicken straight to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, onion, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme and salt, and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. **(Do not worry if the mixture looks dry, the tomatoes will release more liquid as this cooks - if you like this dish saucier or soup-y - you can add ½ cup chicken broth or water)
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, stir in the olives, kale and cornst
Fòr full recìpes vìsìt: @Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore