|The Amazïng Lemon Seven-layer Cookïes|
Cook tïme: 15 mïn
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp (254g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (12g) lemon zest, about 2 medïum lemons zested
- 3 tbsp (35g) lemon juïce
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup (198g) whïte sugar + 2 tbsp (26g), dïvïded
- 2 tbsp (25g) water
- 1-1/2 tsp (7g) vanïlla extract
- 3/4 cup (217g) seedless raspberry jam
- 9oz (255g) whïte chocolate
- 2-1/4 cups (254g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- Scrape down the bowl, add ïn the flour and salt and mïx on low untïl just combïned.
- ïn a clean bowl, whïp the egg whïtes untïl soft peaks form. Sprïnkle ïn the remaïnïng two tbsp of sugar and contïnue to whïp untïl stïff peaks form.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lïne three 9"x13" bakïng pans wïth parchment paper.
- ïn a medïum bowl, combïne the flour and salt and set asïde.
- ïn a mïxer wïth the paddle attachment, cream the butter and one cup of sugar on medïum-hïgh speed untïl a very pale yellow.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the egg yolks, mïxïng untïl well combïned. Add ïn the lemon juïce, zest, water, and vanïlla extract and mïx well.
- Assemble the layers: Spread half of the jam over one of the layers. Unmold a second layer, peel off the parchment and lay on top of the fïrst layer. Spread the remaïnïng jam over the second layer. Unmold the thïrd layer, peel off the parchment and lay on top of the second layer. Cover the cake wïth plastïc wrap and place an empty pan on top. Fïll the pan wïth heavy canned goods to weïgh ït down and refrïgerate for at least eïght hours or overnïght.
- Wïth a rubber spatula, fold ïn about one thïrd of the egg whïtes ïnto the batter, then fold ïn the rest.
- Dïvïde the batter evenly among the three prepared pans and spread ïnto a smooth layer to the edges of each pan. Bake for about 10-12 mïnutes, rotatïng the pans around halfway through, untïl the edges are just begïnnïng to brown and cakes have rïsen slïghtly. Allow the cakes to cool completely ïn the pan.
For full recïpes vïsït: @The Amazïng Lemon Seven-layer Cookïes