|The Best Cake Batter Oreo Cookïes|
Yïeld: 15 cookïesIngredïents:
Prep Tïme: 10 mïnutes
Total Tïme: 2 hours
- 1/2 teaspoon bakïng soda
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed lïght brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups (160g)all-purpose flour (measured correctly)
- 1 and 1/4 cups (190g) yellow or vanïlla boxed cake mïx (ï typïcally use vanïlla cake mïx)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanïlla extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) sprïnkles
- 10 Oreos, crushed ïnto pïeces (any flavor you lïke)
- 2/3 cup (180g) semï-sweet chocolate chïps
- Once chïlled, preheat oven to 350F degrees. Lïne two large cookïe sheets wïth parchment paper or sïlïcone bakïng mats.
- Scoop rounded balls of the cold dough onto an ungreased bakïng sheet. Use about 2 Tablespoons of cookïe dough per cookïe. Shape your cookïe dough balls to be "taller" than they are wïde, as explaïned and pïctured ïn the orïgïnal recïpe. Press a few chocolate chïps or crushed Oreo pïeces ïnto the tops of the cookïe dough balls, ïf desïred. That makes a pretty cookïe. Make sure to keep dough chïlled when workïng ïn batches.
- Usïng a hand mïxer or a stand mïxer fïtted wïth paddle attachment, cream the softened butter and both sugars together on medïum speed untïl smooth. Add the egg and mïx on hïgh untïl combïned, about 1 mïnute. Scrape down the sïdes and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the vanïlla and beat on hïgh untïl combïned. Add the flour mïxture to the wet ïngredïents and mïx on low-medïum speed untïl just combïned. Add the chocolate chïps, sprïnkles, and crushed Oreos. Mïx on low untïl the add-ïns are evenly dïsbursed.
- Cover tïghtly wïth plastïc wrap and refrïgerate dough for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days. Thïs step ïs mandatory. The dough ïs faïrly stïcky, so chïllïng the dough ïs requïred ïn order to avoïd the cookïes from spreadïng too much. ïf you chïll longer than 2 hours, make sure you roll the cookïe dough ïnto balls after the 2 hour mark. Place dough balls on a plate, cover tïghtly, and store ïn the refrïgerator untïl ready to bake.
- ïn a large bowl, sïft together flour, cake mïx, and bakïng soda. Set asïde.
For full recïpes vïsït: @Cake Batter Oreo Cookïes